The swimming pool is for the exclusive use of Briarmeadow residents in good standing and their guests. Lifeguards are on duty during the open hours (see below). There is also a swim team: the Briarmeadow Wilde West Stingrays.
Pool Schedule - Hours of Operation 2019 Season
May 3rd through May 31st
Mondays through Thursdays Closed
Fridays (3rd, 10th, 17th, 21st, 31st) 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturdays (4th, 11th, 18th) 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sundays (5th, 12th, 19th) 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturdays (25th) 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sundays (26th) 12:00PM – 8:00 PM
Monday, (27th, Memorial Day) 10:00AM – 8:00 PM
June 1st through August 25th
Tuesdays through Thursdays 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Fridays and Saturdays 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sundays 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
August 26th through September 22nd
Mondays through Thursdays Closed
Fridays 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturdays 10:00AM – 9:00 PM
Sundays 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Monday, September 1st (Labor Day) 10:00AM – 8:00 PM
The pool is closed for cleaning on MONDAYS. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Exceptions to Monday closing:
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
NO ADULT SWIM is allowed starting at pool closing on Sunday evening (8:00 pm) until noon on Mondays. Please note the pool chemicals may be stronger than normal on these afternoons.
Pool Membership - How to Sign up
Print and fill out the Pool Membership Application or request one from the BMHOA management company (KRJ). Send the form to KRJ Management with the signed liability waiver. Residents will receive a key/ID tag which is to be presented to the admitting lifeguard every time someone from their house goes to the pool. Residents must sign in every time they use the pool.
Pool Membership is FREE to residents in good standing. Guests are allowed when accompanied at all times by a resident.
Adult Swim Information
The last 10 minutes of every hour no one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the pool.
Adult Only Swim is available with the appropriate paperwork. This is for residents only. Swimmers must have a buddy who is a signed-up resident as well. No children and no guests allowed.
If you would like to participate in Adult Swim please join the 'Adult Swimmers' Group on Nextdoor.
Swimming Pool Rental and Pool Management
The pool can be rented during off-hours for parties or events. Please see the pool rental agreement form for further information.The pool will be managed this upcoming season by Greater Houston Pool Management. If you wish to contact them directly they can be reached at www.greaterhoustonpool.com. All residents who wish to use the pool for a party (within the guidelines provided by the HOA) should contact Greater Houston Pool at www.haveapoolparty.com. All lifeguards who want to apply for a position can visit their website at www.bealifeguard.com.
Swim Team News
2019 Briarmeadow/WildeWest Swim Team sign-up April 14 1:00-3:00
It’s Swim Team Time!!! We are getting ready for the 2019 Summer Swim Team season and want you to come out and join us. The Briarmeadow/WildeWest Swim Team has enjoyed numerous years of success and fun due to a great group of swimmers and coaches. This will be my nine year old's fourth summer on the team and he has loved every minute of it. Intimidated by the schedule? Don't be! Come when you can, your kids get to swim and you get to meet more of your neighbors. We encourage all kids to join in the fun of our neighborhood swim team.
Swim Team is open to swimmers in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our swim team is broken down by age group: 6&under, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12, 13&14, 15&up. Practice starts in May in the afternoons at 5:00. During June there are swim meets on Monday and Thursday evenings.
Registration gets kicked off this year during our annual Sign Up on Sunday, April 14th from 1-3 PM at Briarmeadow Club House (3203 Freshmeadows). This event is open to all residents interested in joining the swim team, or just wanting to learn more about the team. It is extremely helpful if you come by during these hours to register you child and not wait until practices begin. It really helps to know the number of swimmers on the team and will help us get started on other aspects of planning for the season. If you cannot make it to the sign-up, just let us know. We can make other arrangements to get your swimmers signed up!
Please note: The pool WILL NOT be open for swimming during registration.
Parents will be asked to volunteer their time at meets. There is a place for everyone and we need everyone!! So bring what ever it is that you use to keep yourself organized so you can volunteer for your spot. Our families make this team work and because of our great families we’ve enjoyed a fantastic tradition for many years!
The calendar and registration and sponsorship forms are attached. Other paperwork will be available at the sign-up.
We hope you will encourage your children to join our neighborhood swim team this year!
See you at registration!
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer or Amy. Contact Jennifer Hensley at 979-997-1172, email@example.com or Amy Stodghill at 713-854-7898, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Team email - email@example.com
Briarmeadow Pool Rules
- The Pool may be used only by
- Residents in good standing who have filled out a Pool Membership Form (available on our website or at the opening pool party).
- Guests who are accompanied by a resident at all times.
- You must sign in and show your resident’s pool tag upon arrival at the pool. The lifeguards may not waive these rules.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by a person 18 or older at all times.
- No smoking is allowed within the gated/fenced enclosure surrounding the pool, anywhere in the clubhouse, or within 25 feet of any entrance to the pool or clubhouse.
- Diving is allowed only where permitted by sign. Diving is prohibited in all other areas.
- No glass containers or gum in the pool area.
- No running, foul language, horseplay, fighting, pets, bike riding or skate boarding in the pool area. No loud music or playing music with profanity.
- Members are responsible for the safety of their children and guests.
- Proper swim apparel must be worn at all times in the pool.
- All trash must be placed in the containers provided. No littering. If you make a mess, please clean it up.
- The baby pool is NOT the responsibility of the lifeguards. Children under 5 years of age may use the baby pool with adult supervision. The care and safety of children in the baby pool is the PARENT'S/GUARDIAN'S RESPONSIBILITY.
- There is a 10 minute rest period at the end of each hour. No one under 18 years of age is permitted in the pool at this time.
- No swimming is allowed during thunderstorms or inclement weather.
- Swimming is allowed only when a lifeguard is on duty or during authorized adult swim time when the pool is closed.
- The lifeguard is in charge at all times.
- Lifeguards have FINAL AUTHORITY concerning pool matters.
- Failure to follow pool rules or engaging in reckless actions will result in immediate removal from the pool area and may result in suspension of pool and clubhouse privileges.
Diving Board Rules
- NO swimming in the deep end while the diving board is open.
- Only one (1) person on the diving board or ladder at a time.
- Only one (1) bounce allowed on the board.
- Divers must wait for the person in front of them to reach the side of the pool before they dive.
- NO FLIPS, NO HANDSTANDS, NO inward dives allowed.
- NO wearing water wings, floaties, goggles, fins, masks, etc. while diving.
- NO running off the diving board.
- NO hanging or sitting on the diving board.
- The weight limit for the diving board is 250 lbs.
All rules may be amended or revised without notice, and will become effective immediately upon posting on the bulletin board.